PCLI Media Awards Entry Rules
1) Entries must have been published, posted or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2015.
2) All entries must be published/broadcast by a Long Island media outlet, and/or written by a Long Island-based journalist. All entries must be about a Long Island subject except in the Non-local News/Feature category.
3) Entries must be submitted by news organizations or individual journalists.
4) Articles, photos and videos that appeared in either in-house company publications or association publications are NOT eligible.
5) Online stories, videos and photos that first appeared in other online sources are NOT eligible.
6) A story or broadcast may be entered in up to two categories. In addition, that story or broadcast may also be entered for a Public Service Award in the Special Awards and Scholarships division.
7) PCLI reserves the right to withhold awards in a category where judges have determined none of the entries are worthy of an award.
8) The final deadline for entries is March 1, 2016.
9) Fee for current Press Club individual members: First entry FREE! (Must include SPJ member number on entry form to qualify; visit www.spj.org to check your membership information). PLEASE NOTE: Only individuals can be members of the Press Club of Long Island. Members must be in good standing as of March 2016 to take advantage of the free first entry. Additional member entries are $25 each. Student entries are $10.
10) The fee for regular entries is $25 per entry, and $10 for student entries.
11) There is no fee to submit nominations in the Special Awards and Scholarships division.
12) Fees must be paid at the time entries are submitted and are non-refundable.
The preferred payment method is PayPal, as described below, although checks will be accepted, made payable to Press Club of Long Island and mailed to Press Club of Long Island, P.O. Box 975, Melville, N.Y. 11747. Everyone paying by check MUST include a note with the title of entry and which division and category it was entered in. Individuals and media organizations sending checks for multiple entries MUST include a list of all entries, with the division and category of each entry covered by the check. PLEASE NOTE: An entry will not be accepted until we can match that entry with a paid entry fee. Do not mail cash.
13) Only one first-place award or second and third-place certificate per category will be given. Additional first place awards can be ordered from PCLI for $50 each after the winners are announced. Additional second and third-place certificates can be ordered for $10 per certificate. All orders for 2016 duplicate awards must be placed by Aug. 31, 2016.
14) All entries in the Special Awards and Scholarship categories must include a nomination letter.
15) Please check your entry for accuracy and completeness. Entries not meeting specified rules will be disqualified and fees not refunded. The Press Club is not responsible for errors submitted on entry forms.
16) All entries must be submitted online at BetterBNC.com; select the 2016 Press Club of Long Island Media Awards Competition, this competition is Open Call.
17) Nominations in the Special Awards and Scholarships division must be mailed to PCLI President Chris R. Vaccaro, Adjunct Professor, Department of Journalism, Hofstra University, School of Communication, Hempstead, N.Y. 11549.